You might need to delete all your Siri history for security purposes, and here’s how to do it:
How to delete your Siri: Just last year, it was revealed that Apple hired contractors to extract information and listen to a small portion of anonymized Siri recordings to test the virtual assistant’s responses to improve reliability and accuracy.
The Guardian exposed that Apple employees assigned on Siri often heard confidential details while listening to the audio recordings. Apple was criticized for not being transparent to customers that some Siri recordings were being used. However, after the report, the company temporarily suspended its Siri practices and will introduce necessary tools that would allow them to opt-out of sharing their audio recordings.
For the meantime, we can help you delete your Siri Audio history on your Mac.
Here’s how to do it:
- Launch System Preferences then go to the Applications folder
- Select Security & Privacy in the preference panel.
- Choose the Privacy tab.
- Select Analytics & Improvement from the sidebar.
- Click the padlock icon in the bottom-left corner of the window and authenticate with an admin account if prompted.
- Uncheck the box next to Improve Siri & Dictation to opt-out of Siri audio recordings being stored on Apple servers for review and improvement.
How to Stop Siri: Ever got annoyed by her when you accidentally hardly pressed the iPhone button? Well, you don’t have to worry about it now for here are the easy steps on how to disable the automatic Siri:
- First, you have to launch “Settings” by finding and tapping the “Gear” icon.
- Then, in “Settings,” tap “Accessibility.”
- In the “Accessibility” section, you have to swipe down until you find the “Physical and Motor” section.
- The next move will be slightly different depending on the iPhone model you have.
- For iPhone X or later (without a Home button): Tap “Side Button.”
- And for the iPhones with a Home button: Tap “Home Button.”
- In the “Side Button” or “Home Button” accessibility settings, locate the section labeled “Press and Hold To Speak.”
- Then, Tap the “Off” option.
- After that, exit Settings. The next time you press and hold your side or Home button, Siri will no longer be opened.