There are ways to get a Postmates refund, especially if the reasons are cancellations and missing items.
Postmates has been trusted by many since 2011, and they have delivered numerous times across the United States. Consumers have entrusted them from groceries, daily meals, down to personal goods. And with an excellent deal of service comes with outrageous demands that sometimes lead to mishaps. These mishaps are usually inevitable, for there might be needed changes from your end and would like to get a refund. You might get that, but in perfect timing and with valid reasons.
However, there are still terms to note, and one of which is whether you have scheduled an order for later delivery. This situation can be canceled with no charges incurred. If you’ve made an order for immediate delivery, you can cancel it without penalty. You just have to make sure that the restaurant has not begun preparing your order, and the postmate courier is not on their way to the restaurant. If so, you will still be able to cancel; however, there will be incurred charges such as the cancellation fee, ordered fee, and delivery fee.
If you are of the customers who need a partial or full refund on a canceled or incorrect Postmates order, here’s how to do it:
How to cancel a Postmates order and get a full or partial refund
1. On the order status page on your mobile app, tap “HELP.”
2. “Cancel Order” on the menu that pops up.
3. Select your reason for canceling, hit “Continue.”
4. Confirm with “CANCEL DELIVERY,” understanding how much you will still be charged. If you’ve canceled your order before preparations have started, you’ll be given a 100% refund.
How to get a refund on Postmates on a computer for incorrect or missing items
1. Sign into your Postmates account on a web browser.
2. Click on your avatar icon in the top right of the screen.
3. Click “Deliveries” and select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
4. Select “Contact Support” and a customer service representative will be in touch with you shortly.
How to get a refund on Postmates on an Android for incorrect or missing items
1. Open up your Postmates app on your Android.
2. Navigate to “Settings” and tap “Deliveries.”
3. Tap “Contact Support.”
4. Select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
5. Select “Items damaged, missing, or incorrect.”
6. The next screen will ask you to select which issue you had, out of 3 options. You can also type in your issue by tapping “Something Else.”
How to get a refund on Postmates on an iPhone for incorrect or missing items
If the order received was incorrect, you can request a refund from the Postmates help center.
1. Open up your Postmates app on your iPhone.
2. Go to your order history page, which is a clock icon.
3. Select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
4. Select “Items damaged, missing, or incorrect.”
5. The next screen will ask you to select which issue you had, out of 3 options. You can also type in your issue by tapping “Something Else.”
Note: Any problems must be reported to Postmates within 48 hours for refund eligibility.