This is how to remove the people who you wouldn’t have to give access to your Netflix account.
Whatever the reason you have on your plate to remove someone from accessing your Netflix account, there are some simple ways to remove them. But before going over those easy steps, there are still things you need to take into account. First, each Netflix account limits the number of people who stream at the same time.
Second, there are two different plans that Netflix offers like the premium 4k UHD plan and the standard HD plan. And removing people out of your account will hinder other people from completing those streaming slots when you want to watch movies or series.
Sometimes account sharing may lead to Netflix temporarily locking your account. The company doesn’t like to see people sharing an account from all over the place because based on them, they only intend the account sharing for households who stay together.
How to remove them
- Go to Netflix’s account settings page by clicking to your profile icon at the top-right corner of the web page and clicking “Account.”
- Click “Sign out of all devices” to the right of Settings.
- Click the “Sign Out” button to have Netflix automatically sign out all the devices signed into your Netflix account. This might take eight hours.
- This will forcibly log out all the devices logged in you see on the Recent device streaming activity page.
To check whether it has signed out all the devices you may go over to the Recent device streaming activity page on Netflix’s website.
From the Netflix’s website, you may access this page by heading to the Account settings page and then click “Recent device streaming activity,” which is just right above the “Sign out of all devices” option. You’ll see a list of locations, devices, and IP addresses that have used your account recently.
Netflix Password Change
- Go to Netflix’s account settings page (profile menu > Account) and click “Change Password” to the right of Membership & Billing.
- Enter your current password and a new password here.
- Double-check “Require all devices to sign in again with a new password” if you want to kick all logged-in devices off your Netflix account.