This might help users to choose stronger passwords for any accounts.
Google Chrome has given account password management that would really help users to save passwords automatically. This type of password management would help users access any accounts that were kept on the user’s personal computers.
And just recently, Chrome has started to integrate a password checker to alert users about passwords found in any internet leaks. This then pushed them to launch a Password Checkup extension into Chrome’s functionality.
The New Google Chrome
It has been reported that there will be an upcoming release of Google Chrome 87 that improves the browser’s functionality. This upgrade also means that the company also integrated the options to check for weak passwords. The update will call it Chrome Canary.
And in order for you to enable this additional feature, you have to sign in your Google Account and follow these steps:
- You have to make sure you updated your browser and run the Google Chrome 87 version. You may be able to check that by chrome://settings/help.
- Then you have to load chrome://flags/ in the web browser’s address bar.
- After that, you have to search for “passwords weakness check”. You may also load chrome://flags/#passwords-weakness-check directly if you prefer that.
- You then have to set the flag to Enabled.
- Finally, restart the Chrome browser.
You have to note this won’t work on Android and iOs.
Here’s how to check for weak passwords in Chrome:
- You have to load chrome://settings/passwords in the browser’s address bar this is to open the Password settings and interface.
- Active the “check passwords” button in the interface.
Google Chrome then checks all the users’ stored passwords and alerts them about weak or compromised passwords. If the browser will find one, Chrome will suggest changing compromised passwords.
Google Chrome’s new feature on identifying the level of security in passwords would really help users secure their accounts online. All you need to do is to update the browser and follow the steps above. However, you can only do this by logging into your Google account.