Time to groovin’ with friends and Spotify!
Spotify Virtual Listening Party is the newly launched additional feature that would definitely help you chill out with friends during this lockdown. This new attribute would let five Spotify users listen to the same podcasts and songs they would like to share.
However, Spotify users could only use the listening feature. The platform doesn’t have a chatting factor, yet that would enable users to communicate. But each user can use the play, pause, skip buttons. However, for you to have this feature, you may need the Spotify Premium subscription. Also, you need to have the Spotify mobile app either on iPhone, Android, or iPad.
How to Create Spotify Virtual Listening Party
For a user to create a Spotify Virtual Listening Party, he must start to click on a song and listen to the playlist. These steps below should work for any mobile users.
- While the music is playing in the Spotify app, tap the “Available Devices” icon in the bottom-left corner.
- This will then bring up a list of devices where you can play your Spotify.
- If you’re a Premium subscriber, you’ll also see a new option to start a group session.
- To do this, select the “Start Session” button.
- This will start a recent group session for other Spotify users to connect. Some can join your session by sharing the unique invitation code with them.
- If there’s a user near you, they can scan the group session code at the menu’s bottom.
- You can tap the “Invite Friends” to share your code.
The users may tap “Copy Link” in the sharing menu to copy a particular sharing link. This will allow other remote Spotify users to connect to the virtual listening party session.
Here’s also How to Join an Existing Spotify Group Session
If users would love to join an existing group session, they can do this by first playing music in Spotify.
- In the playback menu, select the “Available Devices” icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Under the “Start A Group Session” section, tap the “Scan To Join” button, directly underneath the larger Start Session button.
- If the user has sent you a sharing link, clicking this link will open the Spotify app.
- Tap “Join Session” to group listening party, or “Not Now” if you want to decline the invitation.
How to End Spotify Group Session
- If the users want to end a group session, open the Spotify app, bring up the song or podcast playing, and then tap the “Available Devices” icon.
- In the “Connect To A Device” menu, tap the “End Session” button.
- You must confirm that you want to end this session—this will end it for all connected users. Select the “Confirm” button to confirm your choice.
Once confirmed, your group session will end. You must create a recent session if you want to resume listening to Spotify content with other users.