- Processor: AMD® RyzenTM 3 3200U (also comes in RyzenTM 5 3500U and RyzenTM 7 3700U versions)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM Onboard Memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, total up to 12 GB SDRAM
- Display: 15.6″ (16:9) FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel 45 percent NTSC
- Storage: 128GB SATA 3.0 SSD (also comes in 256GB SATA 3.0 SSD variant, upgradable)
- Keyboard: Illuminated chiclet keyboard
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac)
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Ports: 1 x COMBO audio jack, 1 x Type-A USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 1 x Type-C USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 2 x USB 2.0 port(s), 1 x HDMI, and 1 x micro SD card
- Battery: 2 -Cell 37 Wh Battery
- Dimensions: 357.2 x 230.4 x 19.9 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (1.75 kg with battery)
An AMD Ryzen 3 3200U CPU powers the cheapest variant of the Asus Vivobook 15 F512DA. In comparison, 4 GB of upgradable SDRAM (DDR4), 128 GB of upgradable SSD, and a 15.6-inch monitor would ensure you the highest writing experience without costing an arm and a leg.
The weight of the laptop does matter for authors and students who still rally. At just 3.5 lb (1.5 kg), the Asus Vivonook 15 F512DA is extremely light. The ultra-slim 5.7 mm bezel with a screen-to – body ratio of 88 percent also gives a luxury look to this laptop.
This laptop has a backlit illuminated keyboard, if you’re still the sort who loves to spend the night working on ventures. The laptop comes in shades of grey, metal, navy blue, and red.
However, the cooling scheme is what you will have to think about. The fan of the laptop is placed right below the keyboard, almost allowing it little air room. However, a two-degree keyboard tilt is introduced by the EgroLift system , allowing you a decent typing location and a longer life for your battery.
While this is not necessarily a gaming laptop, a few medium-graphics games like Grand Theft Auto V or the new Football Manager 2020 can still be used by Asus Vivonook 15 F512DA.
Asus Vivonook 15 F512DA should be your option whether you’re an on-budget student or writer searching for an inexpensive laptop that does the job and helps your versatility.
To offer you the best writing experience, upgradable SSD, upgradable RAM, backlit keyboard, and ultra slim bezel are enough.
Any difficulties, though, are indeed undeniable. The battery life isn’t that fantastic or bad either. It’s average to mediocre, so your battery adapter can need to be ready for you.