The best way to multitask things with your computer and phone.
Have you ever wondered how to connect your android phone to your Windows 10 PC? Enabling this eventually leads to smoother and faster multitasking at work, especially when you have to answer and get notified with important information and text from higher-ups. This feature is actually available for Apple users that have iOs devices and MacBooks. Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore, for we will guide you through this article.
However, here are some considering factors you need to have to enable such a feature:
- You have to download and install “Your Phone” on your Windows 10 PC.
- You must have the latest version of Windows 10 April 2018 update or later.
- The android phone must have Android 7.0 or later.
- Set the “Your Phone” also in your Android device.
How to connect these:
- Open the “Your Phone” Application on Windows 10 PC.
- Click the “Notifications” tab.
- Open Settings on Phone.
- “Open” in the notification that appears on your Android device to sync notification settings.
- In “Notification Access” then settings will open.
- Find “Your Phone Companion”
- Make sure “Allow Notification Access” is enabled.
- This will make it easier for your device to sync Android notifications to the Your Phone app on your Windows PC.
- Once the Notifications are truly “synced” between the devices. This means whenever you click the “X” to delete a notification from your PC, it’s also removed from your Android device.
- You can now use the notification quick actions that appear on the Android notifications and even reply directly from your PC.
- Click “Customize” in the Notifications tab.
In that section you can view these notifications:
- “Show Badge on Taskbar”: When Your Phone is open in the taskbar, you’ll see a number badge for notifications.
- “Display in the Your Phone app”: This turns on notification syncing and keeps it enabled.
- “Show Notification Banners”: Notifications will appear in pop-ups in the corner of the screen.
You may also click “Turn on App Notification Banners in Windows Settings” and you can have the option to choose badges when you view unread items, when the app is opened, or when you view a category. This is now how to connect your Android to your Windows 10 PC.
If you have already upgraded your Microsoft software to Windows 10, you probably received notifications and prompts of the new features. As you will notice, there will be this Meet Now taskbar icon, which was launched last October this year. Right after that, then the company has been longing to introduce the specific specs of this extra feature to the consumers. And by now, you may have wondered what does it do or even how to remove it.
Wonder no more, for we will tackle what this Meet Now and how to remove it (if ever).
So, what is Windows 10 Meet Now?
Meet Now is specifically a feature for Skype. This is an extra where users will be able to do a video conference in just a few clicks. The only difference that this feature makes would be that the video conference users or participants don’t need to have a Skype account. All they have to have for them to be able to join and engage in the magic link of the conference itself. This link will be given and created by the conference creator right before the online forum.
However, if the user has his Skype ready, the participant will automatically join the conference. If the app is not yet installed on the user’s Windows 10 desktop, they will still be able to use a web browser. The only downside to this, though, is that the participant won’t be able to use the video feed.However, this feature will help you how to connect with other users.