We’re getting more and more impressed with the new M1 Macs!
As M1 Macs has been recently launched with the new MacBook airs, Microsoft has also updated their Edge browser. This would mean that it could at par or even give a promising optimized performance for Macs.
M1 Macs: Microsoft Edge Browser’s Announcement
Microsoft announced the update through the official Edge developers tweet that entices users to download and install the newest version of the Microsoft Edge Canary Channel. Though, the company has not specified the upgrade and performance improvements that any user could expect from the M1-optimized version. But whatever the case is, the Edge users would likely celebrate on this one.
Chromium’s Tab Groups feature is now compatible with the latest version of the Microsoft Edge web browser. The company has recently launched the tab groups in Google Chrome to help the users manage tabs on their browsers. One distinctive feature that came with this one is its ability to be customized, such as colors and names. They have also added a collapsible feature on that one.
The recent Microsoft Edge Canary feature is disabled, but users have the option to make use of it. This is quite identical to Chromium-based browsers and Google Chrome.
And here are the steps on how to start it:
- You have to load edge://flags/#edge-tab-groups in the browser’s address bar.
- Then, set the flag to Enabled; this is the main Tab Groups flag that opens the core functionality.
- To enable group collapsing, load edge://flags/#edge-tab-groups-collapse in the address bar and set it to Enabled.
- If you choose Edge to freeze collapsed tabs, load edge://flags/#edge-tab-groups-collapse-freezing and set the flag to Enabled.
- If you want the auto-creation of tab groups, load edge://flags/#edge-tab-groups-auto-create and set the flag to Enabled.
- Restart Microsoft Edge once done.
- Click right and then Add Tab To A New Group to create a new tab group.
- Right-click on the title of a tab group to open the configuration overlay to edit the Group’s name or color.
Also, please take note that it will take minutes or time to have this feature be stable with Microsoft Edge.