With WhatsApp recently requiring its users to hand over their own personal data to Facebook, Signal has been noted by Elon Musk as a good alternative. Here’s how to use the app.
While person to person messaging is very important, so are group messages. These eliminate the need for users to send the same message all over again to different people on several occasions. Creating a group chat on Signal is very important and also very simple to do. With WhatsApp forcing its users to share data with Facebook, Signal could be a good alternative.
Signal can be used for official business like say a corporate group chat for people in the same department, or for the boss to send announcements to the group. This can also be used by friends when sending secret messages that shouldn’t be shared with other people. There are many ways for Signal to be used.
How to make group chats in Signal
In order to make a group chat in Signal, users need to follow this simple process.
- Open the Signal app and click the “pen” icon that can be found somewhere on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “New Group” option. This is self explanatory and users will be able to find this option right away.
- Select the contacts that should be included in the group chat. Users can also opt to enter numbers manually by themselves. Oh yeah, it’s important to note that a Signal group is capable of hosting up to a maximum of 150 participants. Simply tap on any of the selected contacts in order to remove them from the official list.
- Click next in order to see the group type as well as choose the Group name and type it.
- Finally, just click create and users will have their very own group chat in no time.
How to invite users to Signal group chat with link
- Users will have to go to the “group settings” by simply tapping on the group’s name.
- Click the Group Link option in order to enable the link sharing. Tap the “Approve New Members” in order to require the group chat to have admin approval should someone send a request for them to join via the given group link.
- Tap the “Share” option in order to both copy the link and simply paste it when sharing it to others.
How to invite users to Signal group chat with QR code
- Simply click the Group Link and find the Share options.
- Click the given QR code option in order to generate the needed code and share it.
This process is very simple and easy to remember. After all, Signal was designed with a simplistic design that allows its users to create group chats without having to spend too much effort navigating the total app. The app provides end-to-end encryption which aims to protect conversations and files being shared from user to user.
The app can be used on mobile devices like the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max, Samsung phones, and even Poco phones through downloading them via the App Store for Apple and Play Store for other android phones.