Facebook and WhatsApp are currently facing many issues because of their data sharing policies. WhatsApp previously updated its user data rules and regulations to allow its owner to have access to people’s personal data.
Analysts and security experts said that the sudden change is a serious matter since no one knows what will the popular social media app do with users’ sensitive data. This is an alarming situation since the new data-sharing policies of WhatsApp and Facebook could lead to privacy concerns.
Even the popular Tesla CEO Elon Musk posted a tweet this week, saying that people should no longer use WhatsApp. He added that they can use Signal since it has an end-to-end encryption feature.
This means that the alternative app has a disappearing messages option that prevents the platform’s operators from accessing or viewing the sender and receiver’s messages. If you don’t trust Facebook any more, you can just permanently delete your account.
However, you must remember that its archives contain all of the pertinent information related to your account. These include active sessions, chat history, IP addresses, clicked ads, facial recognition data, and photos.
How to delete your Facebook account
Before you completely delete your account, it is advisable that you save your personal information first before proceeding. To help you out here’s an easy guide on how to delete your Facebook account and save your essential data.
Saving your essential personal information is a piece of cake.
- The first thing you need to do is open click Facebook’s down arrow. This is located in the upper right corner.
- After that, you must go to Settings and Privacy and then Settings. In the app’s left-hand column, just click on Your Facebook Information.
- In the center, find and click on Download Your Information. The app will also allow you to select which info you want to download.
- You can do this by navigating to Facebook’s drop-down lists. These will allow you to create a date range, download your data in either HTML or JSON, and choose between high, medium, or low media quality.
- Once you are satisfied with your setup, all you need to do is to click on the “Create File” option. Once you are done, the app will send you an email when your data has been saved.
- You can permanently delete your account once you received the notification. You can do this by going back to the page headed Your Facebook Information and click on Deactivation and Deletion.
- This section will allow you to deactivate your account or completely delete it. If you want to delete it, either click on “Delete Account” on that page.
- Once you click “Delete My Account,” your account will be marked for termination and inaccessible to others using Facebook.
If you are already decided to delete your Facebook account, you can also try other apps that are considered great alternatives. Aside from Signal and Telegram, there are unpopular applications that are out there and free to download.
These include MeWe. This social media platform has no ads and has over 8 million active users. Aside from MeWe, you can also try Mastodon, Diaspora, Minds, and Sociall. All of them also have no ads.