League of Legends Patch 11.7 will once again nerf a very iconic champ that could be one of the reasons why players got into the Summoner’s Rift. Aside from Udyr, there are also other jungle champs that will be nerfed.
Mark “Scruffy” Yetter, the design director of League of Legends, confirmed that there will be some changes to 17 champions once the new Patch 11.7 arrives. But, the biggest one on the upcoming updates is for Udyr. This champ was previously weakened for the last two months, which disappoints some of the players that rely on him.
Mary Yetter is also very active on Twitter. The latest League of Legends Patch 11.7 updates were revealed on his latest tweet, which already generated more than 720 quote tweets, 4800 likes, and 490 retweets. It was posted on Mar. 23 and was able to attract a lot of fans. Yetter said that the “11.7 Patch Preview should be a reasonable shakeup to the jungle, bot, and support metas. More info on the detailed changes tomorrow.”
What League of Legends players say about this
Although there are some disappointed League of Legends players on the comment section, there are also some fans that are excited about the upcoming changes, saying that these updates should make weaker champs stronger. Here are some of their comments.
- “I hope the Yasuo buffs are the big cause that champ is shit”
- “LETS NERF UDYR ONCE AGAIN HAHAH. This is so sad champion is viable after 10 years and they nerf him patch after patch”
- “Suggestion, add more champions to the jungle! Do you remember the updates made in patch 10.4?”
- “Adding more champions in the jungle can be of great help in increasing the number of junglers in the game”
- “The current jungle has a smaller champion pool than the other positions”
Riot said that it will nerf Udyr since League of Legends players are usually using this champ, especially in professional play across all major regions. The popular strategic title’s publisher revealed that Udyr posts a pick or ban the presence of 68.1 percent. This means that this jungle champ is one of the most contested heroes in all pro-League.
On the other hand, Riot said that it will also nerf other jungle heroes in the game such as Hecarim and Ivern. Meanwhile, Amumu and Kindred will be buffed once Patch 11.7 is released.
Making Udyr useful despite the upcoming nerf
Although Udyr will soon be nerfed, again, there are still some methods you can use in the game to make this retain this hero as one of your jungle champs. One of these is knowing the best jungle-clears so that you will have an early advantage against the enemy team and their jungler.
- Blue Buff to Gromp to Wolves to Raptors to Red Buff/Krugs
- This tends to be the preferred clear for junglers who can clear quickly to maximize their experience early and get onto the map with Red Buff for ganks.
- Red Buff to Krugs to Raptors to Wolves to Blue to Gromp
- This is a more defensive option for slower-clearing junglers who need to get to their ultimates before ganks really get going.
- Red Buff to Blue Buff to Gromp
- This clear allows junglers to spike Level 3 quickly and gank.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.