Facebook, a social media giant, adds new settings to customize your feed and community. These additional settings will allow users to customize the content of their Facebook feed and comment section of their posts.
As described in an article in CNET.com, Facebook users have more control now over what they see in their news feed, and who can comment on their posts.
Customizing your Facebook News Feed
Facebook users may be bummed with seeing posts that do not interest or concern them. With this, you may now prioritize or mark favorite friends’ post that you want to see more often than others.
Here are the steps on how to achieve your desired news feed:
- Go to the Setting and Privacy > News Feed Preferences
- You will see several options to customize which include:
- Manage favorites – You can modify the people and pages that you consider as your favorites. Those included in your favorites list will appear more often in your feed. You can add up to 30 Facebook friends and pages in this list.
- Unfollow – With this option, you can select which Facebook friends and Pages you’d like to stop seeing posts from. Note that they will still be your Facebook friend or Liked Page. You will just not see their posts when you unfollow them.
- Reconnect – If ever you change your mind with the Unfollow option, you may retract it by using this option. You may refollow a Facebook friend, page or group that you unfollowed.
- Snooze – which lets you restart, stop or add more time to the people, Pages or groups that you “snoozed” for 30 days.
Controlling Who Comments on your Posts
Comments from people that we no longer talk to or we just do not want to interact with may now be avoided through the use of this option.
Here are the steps on how to modify your posts’ comment section:
- Go to the Setting and Privacy > Settings > Public Posts
- Go to Who Can Follow Me. Make sure that Public is selected and not Friends.
- Select Public Post Comments > Edit – You may now select who do you allow to comment in your posts. You may choose from Public which is everyone, Friends, or Friends of Friends.
Facebook users spend most of their time on their phones trying to be updated and connecting with people all over the world. These additional settings make your feel more accustomed to what and who you want to see in your feed. Also, you will no longer have this unknown and unwanted comment in your post as you can control who can be involved in it.
Facebook is still one of the most used Social Media platforms, it is best if we know how to maximize the use of it. For you to know more about how to tips and setting you may explore, you may also look into other features found on Help Center.