ByteDance fortifies TikTok’s appeal by adding new interactive music effects into its arsenal!
With the competition heating up, TikTok remains fierce and full of determination to stay on top. Just today, the social media platform reinforces its roots as an app for music-backed creation by launching six new music effects that creators can utilize.
As interactive effects, the new launch will include animations, visualizations, and more! Users can expect these additions to roll out in the next few weeks, beginning with the debut of the Music Visualizer.
According to ByteDance, the Chinese company that owns TikTok, the Music Visualizer is currently available to the app’s global user base and operates real-time beat tracking in animating a retro greenscreen landscape.
Moreover, although the Music Visualizer was only added to the Creative Effects tray on April 7th, it has already been used in over 28,000 videos. The feature gives creators a background displaying a purple sky adorned with planet-like figures, together with a gridded ground that pulses along with the music.
This effect supports any sounds in the music library of TikTok, as can be seen in AREA2’s video, which exhibited a teaser for their new “La La La” track.
Other Upcoming Effects
More effects are on the way, and they include the following:
- Delayed Beats. A recreation of the freeze-frame effect that aligns transitions to the beat of the music.
- Mirror Beats. Aligns display transitions to the beat of any TikTok library song.
- Music Machine. Presents interactive tools that allow users to manipulate the real-time rendering of the MIDI loops of different music layers. A BPM slider will be available for adjustments in real-time, five one-shot sound effects, and dynamic visual responses for your recorded music’s video.
- Solid Beats. Adds visual effects that can sync to the beat of any song
- Text Beats. Allows users to add overlays of animated text with synced transitions to the beat of any song on TikTok
All of the new effects will be expected to be placed in the dedicated “Music” tab of the Creative Effects tray once globally available.
With the popularity of TikTok’s unique concept, came the rise of ‘inspired redesigns’ from major social networks.
As of the moment, the following social media platforms and their respective features are among TikTok’s competitors in the field of music-backed content:
- “Reels” by Instagram
- “Spotlight” by Snapchat
- “Shorts” by Youtube
TikTok’s Edge From Its Competitors
Although its rivals are evidently trying to catch up, TikTok’s additional features further prove just how far ahead ByteDance is in the game. Despite the competitors’ efforts in launching their own creation tools for short-form videos, their kit is basic.
By a large margin, TikTok has larger libraries of creative effects, which makes it more fun and captivating to the larger population of the digital age.