Among those features include an easier way to organize and archive your messages. What else can you use?
Just recently, Facebook added several new features to Messenger and Instagram on its apps. Facebook posted this new update yesterday about these features.
Communication, especially during this pandemic, is becoming more possible with the use of different platforms like Messenger. Moreover, people are becoming more reliant on these. With this, making modifications is necessary in order to make sure that messages will come across successfully. Therefore, Facebook makes sure of that through the recent updates you can try.
1. ‘Selena: The Series’ and ‘Star Wars’ Chat Themes
- Just in case you love the late Tejano singer Selena or maybe a fan of Star Wars, you can customize your Messenger by turning on this feature. You can now send your thoughts in the background with darkness of space, or maybe a beautiful flush of purple. It is your choice of a dark or light theme depending on your mood.
- To choose between the two, just open the settings menu, then go to “Theme” and you’re all set.
2. Read receipts of IG Messages
- Similar with Messenger, you now have a way to know if your messages are already seen because Instagram DMs now have read receipts. Users may now lessen the anxiety of knowing if someone has seen their message or not. However, it will also show if that someone has just chosen to not respond at all.
3. ‘Swipe to archive’ gesture on Messenger
- Another feature added will give you an easier control and way to organize your message on Messenger. There are probably hundreds of messages that are making it more messy. Additionally, sometimes you tend to miss out on important ones. You can now organize it simply by swiping to archive and all archived messages will be saved in your Archived Folder ready to be revisited if you need to.
- You can check your old conversations by tapping on your profile photo which will show you a menu item to show “Archived Chats”. It is a lot easier now to go back to previous conversations and no need to search on hundreds of conversations.
4. New camera stickers to celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- As a way to celebrate the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community, Facebook added a new collection of free camera stickers you can play with.
- It is not only available for you but for your kids and children as well. Facebook even created a reference guide for parents to use to create more connection with their kids.
5. Easier ways to express yourself through video or audio responses
- Facebook is already giving you an easier way to respond more creatively through the use of a visual reply on Instagram DMs. You can try this by simply tapping on the camera icon to respond with a photo or video of your own.
- If you are not a fan of recording yourself, you may opt for an audio response. Good news, you can do it now without holding down your camera icon. A simple tap will do the trick with tap-to-record.
Facebook continuously improves their services and creates strong connections with users all over the world. Stay tuned for these updates to be seen in your apps in the following days.