As years pass by, Snapchat became an exceptionally relevant application, most especially to young people.
Snapchat popularized throughout the mass audiences that mostly live in the United Kingdom, Australia, United States, and Canada.
Snapchat started as an American multimedia communicating application developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. Apparently, a study shows that the operators behind the application are said to be teenagers, aging 16 and below.
Three promising people created the app, going by the names of Bobby Murphy, Evan Thomas Spiegel, and Reggie Brown. These men as young students achieved ‘big’ names when they thought of creating Snapchat.
Two of its primary features are known as taking pictures and messages. Pictures posted from Snapchat, or so-called “Stories”, stay viewable for only a short period of time. After the given period, recipients will lose access since ‘stories’ only last for 24 hours, then automatic deleting comes after.
Aside from taking pictures, users could post stories and save pictures, becoming part of the thousand memories in the app. It’s also used for creating multimedia messages particularly referred to as “snaps,” consisting of a photo or video.
With the use of Snapchat, people can edit pictures to make it look beautiful. They could also make it come out far different from the original photo. That’s why Snapchat displays a lot of power, hiding its flaws and making photos gorgeous in their own ways.
Similar to other social media applications, users can also communicate using Snapchat. Features such as chats and video calls are always available and just one click away.
Introducing the Dark Mode on Snapchat
Heads up for Snapchat’s new dark mode. This feature allows apps to have a dark background which some users prefer than the standard version.
Some benefits of turning on the new dark mode feature:
- With the new feature of Snapchat it is best for lessening eye strain, in low light conditions.
- Aside from keeping our eyes safe and secure. Dark mode also saves the battery of phones with OLED or AMOLED screens.
- By making use of the dark mode, flashing is additionally reduced and it limits blue light discharge.
- It looks more stylish than the original version of the app.
The downfall of using Snapchat’s dark mode:
- Font and screen do not look appropriate in dim mode during high light conditions.
- Dark mode is not effective in high light like staying under the daylight while using the phone.
- While under the daylight, the fonts of dark mode feature appears to be cleaned out making users uncomfortable.
Instructions on how to activate the dark mode feature
Following are the steps to turn on the dim mode on Snapchat:
- First off, the user should open the Snapchat app and sign in to their account.
- Next step is by tapping the “Your Profile Picture”, which is accessible on the upper left of your mobile device.
- Now lastly, tap on the settings button on the upper right corner. After tapping the setting menu, there is a choice “consistently dim” to empower dark mode on the mobile device.
In conclusion, the dark mode feature is a satisfying addition to Snapchat. Apps that have dark mode are fashionable.