This NFT artwork costs $16.9 million.
Can you believe that someone bought a $16.9 million artwork that is only available online? In another surprising purchase, Christie’s auction was able to sold a collection of nine CryptoPunks for that price. If you want to make your NFT, here’s how to do it.
Another NFT sold!
On Tuesday, May 11, The Verge reported another huge NFT sale from famous auction house, Christie’s. A collection of nine CryptoPunks figures were sold for millions of dollars, to an unidentified buyer, or buyers. This was the second biggest NFT purchase that was sold in the said auction house, apart from the highest priced-NFT from artist Beeple, sold for $69 million.
For past months, NFT has become the talk of the town in the online world. Most of the purchases done in these transactions involve Ethereum, which resulted to an increasing value of the coin.
What is the 9 CryptoPunks?
If you’re curious on what this $16.9 million digital artwork looks like, say no more. Here’s the copy of the original nine CryptoPunks artwork from the Christie’s official website.
This artwork is made by Larva Labs in 2017. This was also one of the earliest released NFT artworks over the years. Each ‘CryptoPunk’ in the artwork showed various traits and physical drawings.
The group initially created 1,000 of the said NFTs artwork, but only gave away some numbers from their collection. As explained by The Verge:
“The bundle of nine includes one CryptoPunk with a particularly rare trait: CryptoPunk 635, the one with the blue face and sunglasses, is one of just nine “alien” punks in the entire series. Another of the nine sold, CryptoPunk 2, the one with wild black hair that looks a bit like a heart, has the distinction of being number two out of a 10,000-work series.”
How to make your own NFT?
Creating and of course selling it at the same time can be tricky for beginners. It is important to know that NFT is an online asset. This means, no tangible items can be received once you buy one from the market. In layman’s term, if you buy an NFT, you will get the credit of owning the artwork. But, anyone online can easily download it.
You can buy NFTs anywhere you like. However, OpenSea website is the best place to go to. This platform relies on bids so the highest amount will get the artwork.
Now, if you’re planning to create your own NFT, here’s the best choice to go to, according to CNBC report in March.
- Go to Rarible.com and tap “Create” on the top right.
- Create a single or multiple collectible — the latter for a collection of, say, photographs or collecting cards you’ve created.
- Select “Choose File” to upload a PNG, GIF, MP3 or another file type. The max size is 30MB.
- Enter in the price you’d like, or leave “put on sale.” I’ll list this picture of Porto, Portugal, I took for 0.5 ether. After a 2.5% service fee, I’ll get the equivalent of $826.91. If this thing ever sells. Seems reasonable.
- Enter in a name for your NFT and a description.
- Set your royalties. You’ll continue to get paid if it resells on the secondary market. This is based on the current sale price.
- Choose “Connect wallet and create.”
- Connect your wallet, which we set up in the earlier section above. So, tap “MetaMask.”
- Pay the “Gas” fee to process the listing. In this case, it’s $75.64, or 0.044091 ether.
- Click “Start” to sign the sell order using your digital wallet.
- Click “Sign” in the MetaMask pop-up.