Imagine this. You just finished watching a touching and heartfelt movie that you’ve been waiting for so long. You are in the process of realization and admiring the beauty and depth of this masterpiece. And suddenly, a loud preview of another movie or TV series suddenly plays and awakens your senses. You are supposed to be enjoying the last few moments and credits of that movie and yet AutoPlay kicks in. Here are ways on how to not experience the same situation anymore.
AutoPlay on Netflix
This setting in your Netflix app automatically plays previews of new movies or TV shows that you might be interested with. This may appear while you are browsing shows to watch this weekend. You might probably have a specific movie you are looking for and yet these previews instantly sounds off through your speakers.
Also, this happens when you’ve finished a show and credits are playing already. Movies or shows that you Netflix suggests you to watch next will play its previews.
What To Do?
As explained by Mashable, here are simple ways on how to avoid this possible annoying situation.
First, simply go to your Account Page which is located on the dropdown option that you can see at the top right corner of your Netflix home screen.
Next, make sure to select your Profile. You can now open your Profile and Parental Control Settings. Here you will find various settings you can modify like Viewing Activity, Ratings, and Subtitle Appearance.
You can now go to Playback Settings. This will prompt you to an option that says “Change”. Click on that to bring you a different page.
Lastly, once you are there, it will show you two options.
- Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices
- Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices
Here you can now check or uncheck Autoplay depending on your preference. You will also see an option for Data Usage per screen. Just make sure to click on Save and settings are now based on what you want.
What Else To Check Out On Netflix?
As people become hooked to this streaming service especially this pandemic, it gives us opportunities to be updated on the latest movies, or simply relax and bond with our loved ones. Aside from that, there are other ways on how we can make our experience more satisfying and aligned with what works for us.
An article posted by Thrillist gives us ways on how we can make the most out of our binge-watching.
- Play Something – the newest shuffle feature that allows Netflix to choose the movie or TV series that you can watch next. This is to avoid hours of scrolling and looking for a new movie to watch.
- Viewing Activity – this can also be found in the Settings. You may remove any embarrassing titles or movies you’ve watched but doesn’t want other to know, you can remove that here.
- Download Movies – if you have experienced connection problems in the past, this is what you can use. This is done in your mobile app and may require a bit of storage but downloaded movies are always ready to go.
There are other things you can definitely try and more features may probably in the next months to come. Enjoy watching!