Google released a new privacy feature on its Chrome browser. This capability now allows you to entirely delete your search activities. How?
Most people are trying to hide the things they search on Google Chrome, especially the sensitive ones. Because of this, they are a force to use the popular browser’s Incognito Mode. However, you need to remember that this privacy feature doesn’t completely hide or delete your online activities.
Some Google analysts and critics explained that Chrome’s Incognito Mode only hides your search activities from appearing in the web history or predictive search on the popular search engine platform. However, they added that your online activities are not deleted. This means that your search activity is still in the in-built privacy-focused browsing, which can be tracked by your internet supplier.
Until now, unless you specifically enabled Incognito Mode, there was no way to remove your searches from the browsing history stored by Google. Although this is the case, you can still delete individual websites from the web history stored on Chrome.
And now, Google finally released its latest privacy capability for its Chrome browser. Since it is a new feature, here’s the simple guide you need to follow so that you can easily delete your search history in the search engine, completely.
How to Use Chrome’s New Privacy Feature
Before you start using Google Chrome‘s new privacy feature, you need to remember that it will only work for the pages and sites you searched on the search engine within the last 15 minutes. This capability will not work on your online activities, which were conducted more than 15 minutes ago.
On the other hand, you need to follow these simple steps if you want to use the new privacy capability of Google Chrome;
- The first thing you need to do is open your Google Search app on your iOS device and Android gadget.
- After that, you need to click your profile, which will be located in the top-right corner of your tab.
- Once you do that, a new section will appear with the “Delete Last 15 Mins” option.
- After that, your Chrome search activity should not appear on the search bar and on the history section anymore.
Meanwhile, some users claimed that there is also something you can do if you want to delete your search history more than 15 minutes ago. If you want to do this, all you need to do is hit the Search history button and select the date range you want to delete.
Setting Up Auto-Delete Function of Chrome
On the other hand, you can also try Chrome’s new security feature that allows you to automatically delete your new search activity after 18 months. Here’s how to activate this auto-delete feature:
- Head to your Google account’s activity page on desktop or mobile.
- Go to the auto-delete section under Web & App Activity, Location History, or YouTube History.
- Select the auto-delete duration.