Tinder is quite tricky to use. If you don’t want your friends and other known contacts from finding you, here’s how to use its Block Contacts feature.
Tinder is currently essential when it comes to keeping the romance and possible relationships keep going during the ongoing pandemic. Unlike other applications that focus on providing advanced capabilities and other features for internal activities and other online tasks, this dating application only focuses on allowing strangers to meet one another.
However, some users are hesitating to use the popular Tinder dating platform since they think that their friends and other users they know. If this happens, there’s a high chance that their contacts will judge them if they see him or her on an online dating platform.
But, Tinder has this unique feature that allows you to hide your card from your contacts and other known users. To give you more ideas, here’s how the Block Contacts feature works and how to use it.
Block Contacts Feature’s Guide
Since Tinder can be a bit awkward to use, especially if your friends and other known contact discover that you are regularly using it, the online dating platform decided to integrate the so-called Block Contacts feature.
Tinder explained that this feature works by blocking some of your judgemental contacts using their mobile or phone numbers. On the other hand, the online dating site confirmed that this will permanently block the contacts you choose, preventing them from seeing your card.
Once a Tinder user decided to access the nee Block Contacts feature, the application will provide them the option to select all the contacts they want to avoid seeing on the dating platform.
On the other hand, the popular dating app also allows its users to manually add their contacts in case someone does not want to share contacts with the popular online dating platform.
To give you more idea, here’s how you can use the app’s new Block Contacts feature;
- First, you need to access your dating app and click your profile option.
- After that, you can now go to Settings and scroll down to select the Block Contacts option.
- Once you do this, you need to provide your permission so that the dating application will have access to your contact list.
- On the other hand, you also need to select people you want to avoid from the contact list, which can be found under the Contacts tab.
- After that, the last thing you need to do is click the Block Contacts option and the app will do the clean-up for you.
On the other hand, here’s a simple guide to doing it manually;
- The first thing you need to do is avoid sharing your Tinder with someone who is not on the contact list.
- Once you identify the stranger, all you need to do is open your dating app and click your profile.
- After that, you can now scroll down to select the Block Contacts and then click the “+” icon so that your app’s Block Contacts feature will start filtering the people you chose to hide your card from.