Fortnite is getting ready for its massive update release as preparations for the upcoming Cosmic Summer event.
Epic Games is preparing for its huge update release. This update is the first one of Fortnite Season 7. Players’ can finally satisfy their anticipation.
The update 17.10 will be released on June 22 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
The launch will commence together with a period of server downtime at 8:30 PM BST UK time. Players can start downloading it once the servers go completely offline at 9 AM BST. As per the duration of server downtime, it is still uncertain. Typically, it will return around 11 AM.
Fans can enter the Mothership as part of a new update. Additionally, Arena Hype Points will be reset along with the ending of the competitive pre-season.
Consistently, Epic Games announced the news on Twitter, posting, “A new surprise descends. A way inside the Mothership? Fortnite 17.10 is scheduled for release on June 22. In preparation for the update, services will be disabled starting at approx. 03:30 AM ET (07:30 UTC).” The account added, “As a reminder, marking the end of the competitive pre-season, Arena Hype Points will be reset with the release of v17.10.”
Epic Games will initiate the Cosmic Summer event in this update, including new challenges, items, and more. Below are the remaining patch notes and bug fixes for update 17.10.
Fortnite General Issues
- The Item Shop update sign remains after visiting the Item Shop.
Battle Royale Issues
- Players are taking damage through their cars while in motion.
- Changing loot pools has been temporarily disabled.
- Unable to complete the whole Character Collection Book due to missing entries of Doctor Slone and Bunker Jonesy. They are still interactable, though. Developers will complete their entries in the subsequent updates.
- Saucers might not operate whenever a beamed-up object falls upon them.
- Lion and Bunnywolf sets are temporarily disabled in the Locker.
- One-handed pickaxes still perform extra swings.
Creative Top Issues
- Games with multiple rounds do not clearly show a player’s placement accurately.
- The Hud Controller device appears as default whenever players join in progress.
- Images in the Discovery tab are not clear enough; most of them are cut off.
- Some players experience an infinite loading screen when flying out of the island.
Mobile Top Issues
- There is no indicator for the saucer for mobile and Nintendo Switch to boost charges and cooldown for the Saucers.
- Nintendo Switch players cannot access gift-giving; they are unable to gift content to their friends like a battle pass, cosmetics, and bundles to their friends due to an issue with the controller.