With no new Nintendo Switch in sight, it seems like the Valve Steam Deck is taking the spotlight as the latest handheld gaming device! Except, it’s a PC!
The new Valve Steam Deck is expected to make its way to the market soon as the new handheld gaming device just dropped on public radar. The portable console is expected to come in three different price points.
Valve Steam Deck Price:
- $399 for the 64GB version
- $529 for the 256GB version
- $649 for the 512GB version
As for the handheld device’s specs, the device runs on 16GB RAM which is quite decent even for a regular PC.
Valve Steam Deck Specs:
Processors and chips:
- The device will be packed with an AMD APU
- 8 RDNA 2 CUs GPU capable of 1.0-1.6GHz up to a whopping TFlops FP32
- Zen 2 4c/8t CPU capable of 2.4-3.5GHz up to a whopping 448 GFlops FP32
- Runs on 4-15W APU power
- The handheld device will be running on 5500 MT/s with a 16GB LPDDR5 RAM.
- The device gives gamers a 16:10 aspect ratio with a 1280 x 800px frame.
- The display size measures at 7”.
- The brightness can go up to 400 nits typical
- The refresh rate is a decent 60Hz.
- The device will be running on Bluetooth 5.0 that comes with support for accessories, controllers, and audio.
- Runs on 2.4GHz and 5GHz, Dual-band WiFi radio, 2 x 2 MIMO, and IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
- The device uses a 45W USB Type-C PD3.0 type of power supply.
- The device is reportedly capable of running for 2-8hours of gameplay using a 40Whr battery.
Check out the full specs on the official SteamDeck website. As of the moment, the device has not yet officially launched. Gamers will have to wait for further announcement from Valve or Steam regarding the device and when the official release date can be released.
At least, as of the moment, the device has officially been confirmed.
Nintendo Switch Retains its Popularity
The popularity of the Nintendo Switch has sparked excitement over new handheld devices. While fans of the Nintendo Switch have been waiting for a new upgraded device, the new Nintendo Switch differs in well, OLED display and a few other things.
Could this be how the Valve Steam Deck takes over the handheld gaming devices? Although there were rumors about this device for quite a while now, the device has only just recently been confirmed by Valve and Steam themselves.
As of the moment, the Nintendo Switch is still one of the most popular consoles in the market with gamers able to pick between the Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo Switch Lite. With the Valve Steam Deck still coming soon, the best choice for a handheld device as of the moment still goes to the switch.