Microsoft Translator is now more enjoyable! Why? Because the application finally received the so-called Regional Accents. How does it work?
Microsoft Translator app currently bridges the gap of languages using the machine learning method and its advanced features. It allows people to understand one another no matter what their mother tongues are.
On the other hand, the Microsoft Translator app also helps various users to learn new languages. However, there is only one problem. The popular translator application only uses an American accent.
Because of this, different races of people are getting confused whenever the Microsoft Translator app pronounces phrases or sentences in American English since they would be provided with different meanings or definitions.
For example, if you say “rise up lights” in American accents, Australians would think you are referring to “razor blades.” Australians are just one of the users frustrated when using the popular Microsft application. Because of this, the tech giant company decided to release a new feature called Regional Accents.
Translator App’s New Regional Accents
Microsoft shared the major details of the Translator app’s new Regional Accents feature, which is expected to solve the unfamiliar accent issue that users are suffering from.
The giant tech developer said in its latest blog post that it is “adding regional accents to the Microsoft Translator app on iOS and Android. Known as Speech Regions, you can now select the accent of text-to-speech audio output you would like to hear while using the app.
Microsoft added that “if you wanted to hear a translation into English you would be able to select American, British, Australian, or other accents.” The giant innovator also explained that the new Regional Accents feature allows you to change the accent you are familiar with.
How To Access the New Regional Accents
If you haven’t tried the giant tech firm’s new function for its popular Translator app, here are the simple steps you can follow so that you can use it as soon as possible;
- The first thing you need to do is to select the language of your choice.
- After that, you need to choose the Speech Region you prefer.
- Then, you should choose the region you prefer and find the accent that you are familiar with.
- If your region has more than just one language, various accent options would appear.
As of the moment, the giant tech firm‘s Translator app supports translation for text, speech, speech auto language detection, and images. The app also features offline language packs and text-to-speech.
Aside from these, here are other features that the tech firm’s app offers;
- Translate the text in photos with the app’s built-in camera viewer, or upload saved photos from your gallery.
- Listen to the translated text at the push of a button.
- Translate text in 90 different languages.
- Tap and speak into the microphone to translate short phrases while online.
- Download offline language packs so you can translate when you’re not connected to the Internet.