Having a new iPhone model is one of the most satisfying things you can have. But, setting up your new gadget could be annoying. Here’s what you need to do.
Apple is currently releasing new iPhone models as consumers continue to ask for better features from the popular Apple models. Because of this, new versions of the popular handset are now available in the market.
iPhone 13 is currently the latest Apple handset available in the market. Lots of consumers are now trying to get their hands on the new model. On the other hand, some of them are still waiting for the more advanced 14 series.
But, some of these consumers may find it frustrating when it comes to transferring all their data from their old iPhone to the new one. There are different methods on how you can set up your new Apple device. Here are some of them that you should know;
- Set the iPhone up as a new device, and install all your apps onto it afresh.
- Download your data from iCloud.
- Transfer the data from your existing iPhone, either wirelessly or using a wired connection (to do this you’ll need a Lightning-to-USB-C cable and a Lightning-to USB-3 camera adapter).
One of the most preferred methods by Apple consumers when it comes to transferring all data from a new iPhone is through iCloud. Yes, this online storage service of the giant tech manufacturer is one of the most secured in the market right now.
However, you need to remember that using iCloud would take a lot of time, especially if the documents, files, photos, and videos that you are going to transfer into your new iPhone take a huge part of your gadget’s memory storage.
Aside from these, there is another method you can rely on when it comes to setting up your new iPhone handset. This is called Apple’s Quick Start feature. If you have no idea what it is, here are its details and how to use the function.
How To Use Quick Start
Apple explained that Quick Start can set up a new smartphone or iPad using all the information you have from your older gadget. This allows you to transfer all of your data wirelessly from your current device to your new one. To use it, all you need to do is follow these simple steps;
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device. The Quick Start screen appears on your current device and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device.
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device. Hold your current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder.
- Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device]. If you can’t use your current device’s camera, tap Authenticate Manually, then follow the steps that appear.
- When asked, enter your current device’s passcode on your new device.
- Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When asked, enter your Apple ID password on your new device. If you have more than one device, you might also need to enter their passcodes.