Since Discord is an online chat platform run by users for users, content and moderation will be provided by humans. Adding bots to your Discord server, on the other hand, can provide some significant benefits to everyone.
They can provide additional security features, new server features, and even unique games for your users to keep them entertained.
Bots don’t get tired, so they’ll keep improving your experience for as long as you need them. The steps outlined below will show you how to quickly and easily add bots to your Discord server.
What are they? How are they beneficial?
A bot is a program that mimics human behavior while carrying out a set of commands with little or no user input. In other words, they’re machines that are programmed to perform a specific task based on the needs of the user.
Bots, as you might expect, can run indefinitely until told to stop, if at all. Because humans tire easily and make simple mistakes, relying on bots to complete these often repetitive tasks is becoming increasingly popular in a variety of industries around the world.
Bots are treated as real members on your Discord server, except they carry out the action they were programmed to do instead. They appear in your Members list alongside other humans, effectively making them members of the Discord community.
There are thousands of bots available for you and your Discord members to choose from right now. Some will constantly monitor your server for bad actors, while others, such as a text-based game, can provide entertainment value.
How to enable bots
- Open the Discord app, then tap the hamburger menu on the left (You can also swipe the screen from right to left to open the same menu.)
- Press the three-dot menu in the upper right and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the User Management section and tap Roles.
- To proceed, select the @everyone option (If you only want certain users to be able to add bots, use the + button at the bottom to create your own custom role.)
- Scroll down and check the Manage Server box to enable the feature (Before you can proceed with creating a custom role, you must first enable the Manage Server option. After that, you can assign the new role to your chosen users)
How to invite bots to your server
- The official website of Top.gg is one of the best places to look for Discord bots online.
- Search or scroll through until you find a bot you want to add to your server.
- To view the main page for that bot, tap the entry, then tap the Invite button.
- Log into your Discord account if necessary to access your server information.
- Under the Add to Server dropdown menu, choose your server.
- After pressing Continue, you can grant the bot all of the necessary permissions.
- To confirm and add the bot to your Discord server, click the Authorize button.
How to remove a bot from your server
- Return to the main screen of the Discord app.
- Swipe the screen from left to right or tap the profile icon in the upper right.
- Select the bot from your Discord server that you want to remove.
- To continue the removal process, select Kick.
- Because this is a bot, you don’t need to fill out the Reason for Kick text box, so just click Confirm to finish.
- Unless you invite it again in the future, that specific bot will no longer have access to your Discord server.